All Day. Every Day. Local Government Works for You.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Missouri celebrates Local Government Week May 1-7, 2016. The week is an ideal time to learn more about how local government serves each citizen in your community every day.
Working together, your cities, counties and schools are the backbone of your community.
Local Government Is…
· Your children climbing safely on the school bus
· Your local roads cleared of snow in winter, and the potholes fixed in the spring
· Clean water coming out of your tap each morning
· A convenient location for your local polling place
· Your friends and neighbors serving on the school board setting a direction for the next school year
· Your favorite local park pavilion
· The first responders to a fire, traffic accident or emergency
· Law enforcement patrolling your street or county road
· The convenience of trash service right at your curb
· The new coffee shop opening on Main St.
“Local government is closest to the people,” said Dan Ross, executive director of the Missouri Municipal League. “It makes what you love most about your community happen, such as your schools, parks or local downtown. Local government also ensures your quality of life through services you may not think about, like clean tap water or repaired streets.”
The week is sponsored by the following local government organizations:
Missouri Municipal League, www.mocities.com
Missouri Association of Counties, www.mocounties.com
Missouri School Boards’ Association, www.msbanet.org
Missouri Association of Councils of Government, www.macogonline.org
Municipal League of Metro St. Louis, www.stlmuni.org
Mid-America Regional Council, www.marc.org
The post Release: Missouri Celebrates Local Government Week May 1-7, 2016 appeared first on The Missouri Times.
This article, Release: Missouri Celebrates Local Government Week May 1-7, 2016, first appeared on The Missouri Times.