Hey, the American Red Cross is holding its nationwide Giving Day on Thursday, April 21. This is the real deal, and is a great way to help out families who have been affected by disaster or emergencies. Their Giving Day’s a one-day event, and the point’s to rally Americans across the country to support the Red Cross, and help ’em to help others.
I’m helping out by donating $1 each time the hashtag #help1family is used on Twitter and/or Facebook between April 1 – 22, 2016, up to $25K.
- Every year, the Red Cross responds to nearly 66,000 disasters – most of these are home fires, where a family’s lost everything; the roof over their heads, their clothes, and their most cherished possessions.
- It only takes $88.50 (at least according to 2015 numbers) to support a family of 3 with basic essentials for one day following a disaster that affects a community, like a a tornado.
- A gift to Red Cross’ one-day awareness effort can provide urgent relief, like a day’s worth of food, plus blankets and other essentials.
Giving Day’s #help1family effort can help a family begin to recover from a disaster by:
- Supporting a family in urgent need by providing them with a day’s worth of food and other essentials.
- Delivering blankets to help families stay warm, and help ’em get a good night’s sleep.
- Providing clean-up kits after a disaster, including vital items that folks tend to forget about – like mops, buckets, and disinfectant.
If you’re able, please consider donating. You can also make a $10 donation to the Red Cross by texting REDCROSS to 90999. All donations will be processed on April 21, 2016.
Also, remember that every time you use the hashtag #help1family, I’m donating $1, up to $25K. Thanks!